Those photos you just shared of your classroom are awesome. Is Instagram or Pinterest the only place they belong?
Have you been struggling to find some quality artefacts for your portfolio?
Have you been taking photographs of your classroom as you set it up?
Usually, at this time of year Instagram will begin to flood with images of classrooms
Eager teachers from across Australia will be proudly printing, laminating, organising, moving furniture, checking out KMART classroom hacks and creating beautiful learning environments for their students to step into in week one.
The thing is,
that photo tells a story
and that story
Hits a heap of focus areas…
Those insta worthy classroom shots are amazing artefacts for your teacher portfolio
This week I want to open your eyes to how much professional skill it takes to set up a classroom. We talk about:
- How you make choices based on pedagogical strategies you’re going to try
- How you’ll keep changing things as you learn more about your students
- How the photos you take can be complemented with CARE or STAR statements about WHY you’ve chosen that layout or look
- What research backups your choices and how you can use it to support your ideas
Tune in to go from Instagram influencer to evidence creating genius in just a few quick steps.
OOH and grab the freebie below to grab the workbook that accompanies this episode!
Subscribe and Review
Fancy a shout out on the show? Leave us a review on iTunes and we’ll make sure that we tell the world about it!
Those reviews help other people find my podcast and plus we love reading them! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Further Reading and Support
- Rise of the Instagram teachers
- Agile Learning Spaces. A user manual for teachers and students – Prof. Stephen Heppell, Juliette Heppell and Melissa Heppell
- Linking Pedagogy and Space – Dr Kenn Fisher
- #009: Top Tools and Tips for Taking and Using Photos in your ePortfolio
- #017: The Ultimate Guide to Annotating Artefacts
- Annotating Evidence: What does that mean?
- FREE TEACHER PLANNER – Download the OneNote Teacher Program for 2020