"Where do we go from here? The world's our oyster!"
As we prepare to go back to our brick and mortar classrooms, I wanted to start capturing the stories of Aussie educators over the past 6-8 weeks. I’m very privileged to be a part of the Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert community and when I put out the call I was flooded with offers to share. The five who took part shared stories that made me seriously shiver with excitement.
We really have grown so much over this short time.
Has what we’ve experienced created a ripple effect that will impact what we do in our classrooms in the coming weeks and months?
As the "quiet ones" begin to engage more and learning barriers are removed, increasing learning opportunity immeasurably... what can we learn?
Tune in to hear Andrew Battese, Anne Mirtschin, James Jenkins, Michelle Dennis and Peta Jorgensen as they share their experiences. From how they rolled out Teams in as little as three days, how they overcame technical issues and onboarded their teams to how much of an impact their new learning environment had on their learners, their parents and their community as a whole, this episode is full of reflection and growth. It’s’ a true moment of celebration and a reminder of how much we’ve all learnt in these difficult weeks.
Listen as we talk about:
- How pedagogies and structures (like timetabling) were impacted, effected and grew
- How the community responded and how the changes made are already impacting the way school events are held
- What this has meant for students and their ability to work independently and think critically
- How access to quality internet makes all the difference
- What their favourite apps are
- What they’ll be continuing to do differently when things go back to “normal”
Subscribe and Review
Fancy a shout out on the show? Leave us a review on iTunes and we’ll make sure that we tell the world about it!
Those reviews help other people find my podcast and plus we love reading them! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Further Reading and Support
- #062: Behaviour Management in Online Learning
- Everything OneNote – Andrew and his pal Nathan Richards have this YouTube Channel for you 🙂
- Andrew on Twitter
- Ann write’s this wonderful blog where you can read (and see photos) of some of the things she was talking about in this episode. I wonder how we get her to move this content over to Edufolios? So much awesome evidence in there Anne!
The Apps Mentioned by the Panel:
Helping teachers create evidence of practice
Edufolios’ teachers love learning. They want accreditation and registration to be about their students and how they can help them to grow.
Our ready to go online portfolio has all the tools and support you’ll need to create an amazing teacher portfolio for graduation or accreditation at any career stage.
Edufolios is the perfect place to quadruple your professional development hours. Grab one and start reflecting about all this powerful learning you’re doing with us at the Evidence Engine!