How are you recording your PD right now? Are your PD hours working hard for you?
One professional development session of 2 hours becomes a record of over 20 hours of reflection and growth as a result of reflective practice. Just imagine that! Are you clear about how to reflect on what you’re reading, studying, listening too or attending so that you can make your PD work harder and increase your impact? Does the whole idea of gathering professional development hours cause you a bit of stress?
It’s time to make those professional learning hours work harder!
In this podcast episode we’re answering Edufolios member Hilary’s question about how to write about the professional learning she undertakes. We’re going to cover:
- Why your professional learning belongs in your portfolio of practice.
- How to be so ready for audit you’ll be more than happy to audited.
- How to frame your conversation about learning and what to focus on.
- Why most professional learning starts at the graduate career stage and how to move it up to your level of practice.
- How to turn 15 minutes of new learning into 20 hours of growth and development.
Go listen now and, by the end of the episode you’ll know exactly how to make those PD hours work harder for you, your students and your career. You may also have some new ideas around the entire purpose of your portfolio!
Subscribe and Review
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so that you don’t miss out on any of the episodes we have coming up. You can subscribe to the podcast on any of these channels.
- Selena’s example post – “Adolescent mental health: supporting young people through anxiety, stress and tough times”
- Recording my PD Hours in Edufolios
- Exporting my PD Hours in Edufolios
- Sign up for your Edufolio and get cracking!