We have a lot of pre-service teachers using Edufolios to start their reflective journals and show the world how they’re constructing their knowledge and understanding of the profession they’re growing into. This webinar is for you our trainee teachers! Run recently with a heap of you watching a live, this video shows you how you can use Edufolios to gather evidence for your Graduate portfolio.
Skip to the best bits (for you):
- What does the Eportfolio of an experienced educator look like? Time: 3:02 – I’m showing you around mine and explaining how I use it to gather evidence.
- How to add the standards and focus areas using Edufolios Time: 3.32 – We’ve put all the standards and focus areas in there for you. You don’t have to create them. Infact, you don’t even have to remember them all, we’ve got a standards guide in there too!
- Matt asks whether conversations about students with parents or mentors count as evidence. Time: 7.20 – absolutely they do. Here’s how you use and record that.
- Don’t know what to write about or how many standards/focus areas you could include? Time 9.06 – Hear about the reflection questions we provide you with and how they can help you add evidence from Prac. or from your assignments.
- What is the evidence gathering thing about? Time 15.08 – 16:57 – Here’s why you shouldn’t make a page for each standard or focus area.. That’s not how it’s supposed to work.
- How do I add stuff into the Evidence box? Where are the styles? How do I make it look good? Time: 17:01
- A quick summary of how to add evidence Time 20.13 – same thing as above, super fast 😉 – You can pause it!
- Security 101 – How to lock things away – if you want to Time: 21.33
- How to add your personal statement, resume etc. Time: 24.35
- How to write and annotate artefacts like a BOSS Time 32.23 – Let’s turn you into STARS – An acronym to help you write evidence in an impressive way
- What kinds of things should you be gathering? What do AITSL and the TRB say? Time 41.00 – Lists, ideas and more!
- What’s next / HD. What’s the difference between Grad and Proficient? Time: 41.53
and then I answered a heap of awesome questions!