Edufolios was founded on 4th February 2016 by Matt & Selena Woodward. Our vision for Edufolios was to create a simple, self-service, online portfolio platform for Educators which could be used for reflection, to evidence their practice and to record professional learning. It would allow them to get up and running within minutes with no knowledge of website administration (or design) required.
18 months earlier we’d already created a WordPress theme that we’d been selling to educators for use on their own WordPress based sites, but we kept seeing some of our potential customers hit roadblocks when it came to setting up their own hosting, domains names & WordPress instances (understandably so!). Knowing we had to do more, we came up with the idea of creating a self service version of the theme, so that teachers didn’t have to jump through any hoops to get started. Edufolios was born!
- Founded on 4th February 2016 by Matt & Selena Woodward.
- Gained immediate traction from early adopters and began generating revenue the first few days after we’d released the beta version of the platform.
- In mid April we engaged with our local Teacher Registration Board, and provisioned for teachers to record their registration data directly within Edufolios, making lives easier for teachers at renewal time!
- At the start of May we engaged with charities to further our idea to introduce a “Trials for Charity” plan for our platform.
- By mid-May we’d finalised the initial product features and came out of beta.
- In late June we integrated with Microsoft’s Office 365 platform to enable educators to more easily access our platform with Single Sign On.
- In mid-August we launched our #Trial4Charity program, providing our customers with a way to try our platform and donate to charity at the same time.
- At the start of October, we were accepted into the MassChallenge program – 1st stop the Adelaide bootcamp!
- In mid-November we successfully graduated through to the national finals of the MassChallenge program in Sydney. Then, to take it one step further, we graduated through to the international MassChallenge bootcamp in Boston to be held in 2017! USA here we come!
- Early February 2017, we took Edufolios over to Boston for the finals of the Bridge to Mass Challenge Australia Bootcamp. Edufolios is named as one of the top five high-impact, high potential start-ups from Australia.
- In mid-May 2017, Edufolios were announced as a State Finalist for the 2017 Cohort of Regional Pitchfest.
- Late July 2017, Edufolios won through the State Final for Australia Post’s Regional Pitchfest and was named as a national finalist.
Logos & Branding
|CMYK:||0, 72, 48, 0|
|RGB:||252, 109, 109|
|CMYK:||67, 12, 2, 0|
|RGB:||58, 176, 226|
|CMYK:||65, 0, 59, 0|
|RGB:||52, 210, 147|
|CMYK:||4, 12, 74, 0|
|RGB:||247, 216, 97|
Our logos, icons and screenshots as a nice, neat zip (9MB).
Edufolios in the Press
15th October 2017 – SBS – Small Business Secrets – Small Business Smarts – The Australia Post Regional PitchFest
24th August 2017 – The RiotACT – Canberra entrepreneur makes her mark at Pitchfest Finals
18th August 2017 – Tech Crunch – Watch the Australia Post Regional Pitch Finals right here, right now
17th August – WIN News Riverina – (Video)
11th August 2017 – Startup Daily – Australia Post Regional Pitchfest pivotal to Government focus on regional startups
30th July 2017 – ABC Radio – ABC SA Morning Show Narelle Graham
28th July 2017 – The Victor Harbor Times – Local entrepreneurs pitch ideas at Australia Post Regional Pitchfest state final in McLaren Vale
10th May 2017 – Silicon Paddock – Australia Post Regional Pitchfest reveals national line up of regional competitors
4th March 2017 – The Advertiser – Successful SA entrepreneurs share their tips on how to survive in the job market or begin your own start-up business venture
1st March 2017 – InDaily – South Australia – IT platforms shoot for the stars
16th February 2017 – Investment Attraction – South Australia – South Australian start-ups accelerate to finals
16th February 2017 – Technology Decisions – SA entrepreneurs receive boost for their start-ups
15th February 2017 – The Premier (SA) – News releases – Kyam Maher – SA start-ups fast tracked to finals in Boston
10th February 2017 – Mass Challenge – Announcing the top five teams from Bridge to MassChallenge Australia
February 2017 – Edufolios is a Mass Challenge Australia Winner!
30th November 2016 – Australian Trade and Investment Commission – Global accelerator gives Australian startups a business boost
30th November 2016 – Invest in Australia – Global accelerator gives Australian startups a business boost (Republished)
28th November 2016 – The Lead (SA) – Online platform helps teachers rise to the top of the class
22nd November 2016 – Jobs for NSW – Australia’s best startups win Bridge to MassChallenge national finals
22nd November 2016 – Flinders University News (SA) – SA start-ups off to US boot camp
18th November 2016 – The Advertiser (SA) – $10 million in funding up for grabs for early stage companies as State Government seeks applications
18th November 2016 – The Sunday Times (WA) – $10 million in funding up for grabs for early stage companies as State Government seeks applications (Republished)
17th November 2016 – business.gov.au – Top Australian startups selected for global competition
17th November 2016 – The Lead (SA) – Top Aussie start-ups head to Boston for MassChallenge
17th November 2016 – Electronics News – Top Aussie start-ups head to Boston for MassChallenge (Republished)
16th November 2016 – The Premier (SA) – South Australian start-ups win through to MassChallenge Boston boot camp
16th November 2016 – State Development (SA) – South Australian start-ups win through to MassChallenge Boston boot camp (Republished)
16th November 2016 – InnovationAus.com – Ten Aussie startups off to Boston
16th November 2016 – The Minister (AU) – 10 high-flyers off to Boston for start-up business boost
16th November 2016 – Startup Daily – Bridge to MassChallenge announces 10 Australian startups winning a place in Boston bootcamp
15th November 2016 – The Premier (SA) – South Aussie start-ups win through to national MassChallenge
1st November 2016 – The Premier (SA) – SA’s cream of the crop picked for MassChallenge start-up competition